Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering
General Description of Program
The Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering program focuses on the understanding and application of engineering procedures in manufacturing processes and production methods. In this program, students develop their abilities to plan the practices of manufacturing, research, develop tools, processes, machines and equipment, and to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality products with the optimum expenditure of capital.
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering program are:
- Involved in solving complex problems using their technical knowledge and skills professionally and ethically, contributing to engineering practice and service activities.
- Engaged in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society.
- Engaged in continuous professional development activities.
By the time of graduation, the students should have/ be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Graduates of B.S.Mfg.E. program may opt to work as:
- Manufacturing engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Facilities engineer
- Instrumentation and controls engineer
- Product designer
- Safety engineer
- R&D Engineer
- College instructor
Manufacturing Engineering program shares facilities/laboratories and faculty with the Mechanical Engineering program.