Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
Electronics Engineering (ECE) is a dynamic program that prepares its graduates to be in the forefront of the revolutionary electronics and communications technology.
The Electronics Engineering program forms the foundation for various growing disciplines leading to specializations in a desired subfield with the help of a research-oriented curriculum. With the global popularity of this branch and its increasing demand and career opportunities, the ECE Program takes special care in acquainting the students with the latest developments in the field and preparing them for the licensure examinations.
Electronics Engineering covers topics such industrial electronics, broadcast engineering, cable and wireless television systems, consumer and industrial electronics, optics/ photonics/optoelectronics, electromagnetics, avionics, aerospace, navigational and military applications, medical electronics, robotics, cybernetics, biometrics, fire alarms, CCTV, sensors and detection systems, microelectronics and all other related and convergent fields.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The graduates of Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering are:
- Involved in solving complex technical problems using the technical knowledge and skills professionally and ethically, contributing to engineering practice and service activities.
- Engaged in continuous personal and professional development activities.
- Engaged in significant roles with greater responsibilities in various sectors of the society.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
Graduates are expected to be competent engineers in:
- Semiconductor Device Fabrication / Manufacturing
- Electronics Design
- Computer Systems
- Instrumentation and Telemetry
- Automation, Feedback, Process Control, Robotics and Mechatronics
- Industrial Electronics
- Signal Processing
- Medical / Biomedical Electronics